Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Hervideros Experience

 

So mi amiga, Indie says to me "Tomorrow, I'd like to go into town and get a mud bath. They have a hot springs spa I'd like to try out, I was thinking we can try it out"  Quite honestly, I only heard the word "SPA" from her entire sentence and immediately said YEA, OKAY!  We both had been talking the day before about how we both are in need of a pedicure and how the sand has made our feet really dry. 

 

I had asked her how she heard of "this hot springs" spa and she stated that it was in the "Things to DO around town" guide that our instructor had emailed us...which I hadn't had a chance to review yet.  Of course anything with the word "hot springs, mud bath etc...I'M IN!  LITTLE DID I KNOW WHAT I WAS REALLY GETTING MYSELF IN TO:

We're approaching the Aguas Termales Hervideos (Hot Spring Waters) I was getting EXCITED!
 
 

 It was an outdoors HOT bubbling mud bath.  I guess I was expecting some type of indoors spa where some lady would have been covering me in mud and giving me a massage.  That was such an American perception of me, duh! There were 3 pools, all were at different levels of natural heat and consistency.  We had SO MUCH fun.  I would definitely do this again,



One mud hole was boiling and warm in the center.  It was amazing watching the actual earth boil like that.  I would grab GLOBS of the mud and just rub in all over my arms, and face.  Others, like my friend Indie, just dove right in and were back pedaling and swimming in it...having a ball. Next time I'll take a bathing suite, a change of clothes and not worry about my hair so much and JUST LIVE! You can check out my video of the event HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment