Friday, December 26, 2014

A Child's Love

Although my daughter is now an adult, this is the facial expression I envisioned during our conversation today...




After months and months of knowing that I'll be leaving soon, my daughter called me from her job and really pleaded with me to stay. I informed her that I know she doesn't want me to go and to stop being a  "border bully" which is a character in one of our favorite books "The Dream Giver".

I didn't know where all this emotion and doubt was coming from all of a sudden...she had been my ear and voice of reason during this entire time and now she's flipping the table on me.  She simply said, "You may not know how much I really love you, but you will be missed. I need you. Mama, you have no idea how your big smile and small kiss on the forehead gets me through most weeks."

To my baby girl, remember the words I spoke to you in this conversation today.  Most importantly, whenever you feel like this in the future, go back and relate this journey I'm taking to the story I just told you... (the last biggest decision & change I ever had to make (wink:-). I thank GOD for YOU.

I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment